Sabuhi has 20 years’ experience as a journalist/writer/editor. She began her career as a student journalist in 1995, at King’s College London, when she worked on the student newspaper ‘Roar’. After graduating in 1997, Sabuhi undertook 18 months’ work experience placements at Mojo music magazine, Reuters and the Independent newspapers.
In 1999, she managed to secure her first job at US newswire Bridge Dow Jones/Telerate as a market price reporter. After one year, Sabuhi moved on to become an online/print reporter for commercial property magazine Estates Gazette/Estates Gazette Interactive.
Sabuhi’s first big break in journalism came a year later when she landed a job at the Financial Times in 2000, working on FT.com as a web journalist. Since leaving the FT in 2004, she has worked in various roles gaining hands on experience of newsrooms, a PR company and the Department for Work and Pensions!
- Shortlisted for ‘Business Journalist of the Year’ at the Santander Media Awards
- Winning ‘Freelancer of the Fortnight’ (Journalism.co.uk)
- Getting my first children’s book published when I was Finance Editor for Yahoo UK & Ireland (2016-2017)
- Interviewing Cherie Blair about women’s rights in Africa and entrepreneurship
- Interviewing Simon Woodroffe, founder of the Yo! brand in his house boat in Chelsea
- A Facebook Live with former Dragon’s Den Star James Caan
- Freelancing for the Spectator Money blog